Sunday, January 3, 2010

A FIZZLE AND A THUD

Ever an optimist, I’d been looking forward to a great New Year. I’m still looking forward to what the Lord has in store for us in 2010, but the year itself started out with a fizzle and a thud for me this week. I’ve been sick in bed, totally miserable with bronchitis since Tuesday. The last time I felt so bad was right after my open-heart surgery, and I don’t think bronchitis has ever brought me down so low before in my life.

I was totally looking forward to a great new start with Sundays with Cindy this week, too. Well, it’s starting off with a fizzle and a thud, as well, I’m afraid. Please forgive me – I’m just too sick to write right now. Hope to see you back here next week!
*
And just to lift our spirits a bit, a verse that has been going through my head all week as I’ve had to remind myself over and over to rejoice in all things – “This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment